Pre-Housemanship: Things I'm Glad I Did

Assalamualaikum and hi guyssss! 

Before I start, just in case you don't know, I'm currently in my 4th posting, which means I already completed 1 year and a month of housemanship, since each posting takes 4 months. 

A few months prior to housemanship, I'd asked a few friends who were already HOs that time. 

"Patut tak aku study?"

Then all of them gave me the same answer.

"Tak payah. Please enjoy time before housemanship." 

And yes, I did. 


1. Cooking with my husband for the family

After I got married, my husband and I stayed at my sister-in-law's house. If you know me well, you'd probably know that I RARELY cooked previously especially when I stayed with my parents. When I was in medical school also, most of the times I would just eat out, tapau or cooked a very very very simple dish. I remember I even tried making a few dishes using microwave only, fuh the level of laziness haha. 

I challenged myself to cook after I got married and it was fully supported by my husband and sister-in-law. Sobri and I cooked A LOTTT. We cooked almost every day and yes I'm glad I did. 

Here are some photos of the dishes I cooked! 

  

Ikan masak tempoyak

Asam pedas ikan

 


2. Bonding with my sister-in-law, niece and Kitty the cute cat! 

My in laws are really amazing and I'm beyond grateful to have them in my life, who I can call family. And my sister-in-law, Kak Nana is one of the kindest person I've ever met. Kak Nana tak pernah berkira anything. She bought food for us, didn't mind we stayed there for few months. 

Most of the time when Sobri went to work, since I hadn't start working, I would spend time with Kak Nana and her daughter who is also my niece named Delisya. My niece is sooooo creative, I'm amazed with how her brain works. I wish I am that creative. 

And they have a cat called Kitty! 


Kitty with her babies; Tikui, Comot, Halia


3. Hiking and got lost with my husband 

Got lost in the middle of the forest was definitely not fun, but hiking with my husband is always a fun one. I loveeee hiking with Sobri. I feel safe. Besides, Sobri will bring large mineral water bottle and all the important stuff. All I need to do is to just carry myself hehe. 



4. Celebrating Raya with Kak Nana and Delisya 

It was my first Raya far far away from home. But hey, home is a feeling and yes, celebrating raya with Sobri, Kak Nana and Delisya made me feel 'home'. 

And yes, believe it or not, even though COVID just came that time and I thought I was gonna just lie down on bed doing nothing, but it turned out there were 5 unexpected things I did during Raya, which included masak sambal bali resepi nenek! Hehe.  


5. Moving into a new place

Prior to starting housemanship, we decided to rent an apartment nearby hospital. After searching high and low, we managed to find an apartment just nice for the 2 of us. The apartment was partially furnished so we had to buy a few furnitures. Furniture hunting was so much fun especially when you chose and your husband paid hehe. 


Siap dinner luar gitu

Beach nearby our apartment

EHO, a system where we have to log in and 'rebut' a hospital where we're gonna do housemanship for 2 years opened in July last year. I know people said that I should have at least 4 other hospital choices if I couldn't secure a place in the hospital that I want, but that time I only had 1 choice in my mind. If I couldn't get it, then habis lah. 

But Alhamdulillah, I managed to get it. And here I am, already more than 1 year in HSA :') 



If you just passed your medical school and ask for advices from me, "How should I prepare for housemanship?", I would definitely say, "Spend time with your family. Spend time A LOT. And enjoy doing things you like to do." 

Because you'd definitely miss it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cara Membuat Gam Kanji

Experience Studying In International Medical University, IMU

4D3N Krabi Budget Trip (Less Than RM700!) - Itinerary & Expenses