5 Unexpected Things I did During COV-EID



I thought this Raya was gonna be a sad, boring one. I thought I would stay in pyjamas and just go through the day like nothing happens. But I was wrong. Although my husband and I could not travel back to our hometown in Melaka and Kajang to celebrate Raya with our family, but we still enjoyed celebrating it here in Johor. In fact, there were a few things I did that I'd never done during previous Raya. 

1. Cooked Raya dishes 

Usually a day before Raya, my family and I would gather at Nenek's house and help Nenek with cooking, cleaning the house, preparing the plates, cups, and glasses, etc. One of the main dishes, which somehow 'compulsory' to be cooked is Nenek's special dish; daging sambal bali. It's kinda different from the usual sambal bali but the taste is sooo delicious. Once you try, you'll never forget and other than rendang, sambal bali is a perfect dish to be eaten with either ketupat or nasi impit. But, it is not so easy to make since a few people attempted to cook it with the recipe given by nenek, but they failed. I was quite nervous, but Alhamdulillah I have a supportive husband, who insisted that I should make it. 

It was the last day of Ramadhan, and I managed to cook 2 Raya dishes. I'm so proud of myself hehe. 

I present to you... *drum roll* 

Daging sambal bali
Daging sambal bali

Rendang ayam 

I was a bit worried that these 2 dishes might become a failure since the next day was Raya and I really wished the four of us could eat Raya food during Raya, even though we had to celebrate far away from our family. 

Alhamdulillah, my husband, Kak Nana (my SIL) and Delisya (my niece) said both dishes were so delicious hehe. 


2. Dressed up and put on some make-up

I woke up a bit early than usual (hehe), took a bath, wore new baju kurung that I bought online and put on some makeup. It felt so different to wake up and celebrate Raya without having Ibu, Ayah, Ica and Aiman around. I missed how either Ica or Ibu would be the first to have shower, how ayah would tell us to get ready early because he hates waiting, how Aiman would ask Ibu if he could wear baju Melayu with a pair of black pants, which obviously Ibu would disagree unless he wears Kurta, etc. 

But Raya is still Raya. 

To be honest, I'm so grateful I still had the chance to celebrate it with my small family here. And it was the first Raya I celebrated with my husband yeay! 

Here's a shameless selfie of me showing the basic makeup I did. Me being me; messy eyebrows because I do not know how to draw a nice one, no falsies, no eyeliner, no contour, no highlighter, etc. Just some eyeshadow, blusher, and matte lipstick. 



3. Facetimed with my family 

A big thank you to whoever created the technology of allowing people to have a virtual reunion via mobile phone. For the past 3 months, ever since MCO was implemented, the most I could do to reduce my homesickness is to Facetime with my family. 

Ibu video-called me early in the morning while they were in the car, heading to Nenek's house and it was one of the best things that happened to me on that day. I miss them so much and knowing that they were well and fine was definitely a blessing, Alhamdulillah. I imagined myself drown in tears the moment I see them via video call but guess what. Ardilla is a big, tough girl who finally accepts the fact that she can't go back home at the moment. She didn't cry yeay! (But she did cry a bit that night though hehe). 

Sobri, Kak Nana, Delisya and I gathered in the living room and we video-called Mak, Abah, and my Kajang family weee. So grateful to see the happy faces. I was a bit sad because I was kinda excited and really wanted to know my husband's family. I already planned that Raya would be the perfect chance for me to do so, but unfortunately, I couldn't. Worry not because I know Allah's plan is always the best and InshaaAllah by the time next Raya comes, I would already know them all. 


4. Took photos at a few spots 

This is my favourite part hehe. What's Raya without photoshoot, righhhhtttt? (Say yes! Hehe). Alhamdulillah again, I am blessed with a husband, a sister-in-law and a niece who love photoshoot as much as I do! I bought a tripod from Shopee because I left mine in Melaka and early in the morning after I got ready, I set up the place for our formal Raya photo. 

Then while waiting for Kak Nana (my SIL), Delisya (my niece) helped to take photos of my husband and I. She did a great job! Reallyyyy, I'm not lying. 

Here are some photos that were taken during Raya morning; 



Yeay I received 'duit' Raya from my husband


With Delisya 

Delisya was the one who took this photo



5. Played bunga api and firecrackers 

Kak Nana bought some bunga api and firecrackers for Delisya, which we played on the night before. We had so much fun, especially Sobri haha. If you followed my Instagram (Ig: @dyllarezan), you'd probably know why. I couldn't remember the last time I played bunga api and firecrackers because usually during Raya, only the kids will play, while the 'bigger' cousins including me will help to fill in the kuih Raya and nenek's angpau, and have a chit-chat with aunties and uncles. 

Apologise for the low-quality photos because I simply screenshot them from videos because I forgot to capture one. 

Suka nya dia main mercun roket 

Both were so happy and excited 

Still moving around excitedly haha 


It would be a total lie if I said I didn't miss celebrating it with my big family, but Alhamdulillah we still had the chance to celebrate Raya together and I could not be more than grateful for that. 



Comments

  1. beautiful family. selamat hari raya. hehe ray lupe dah wish ke belum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's not too late to wish you Eid Mubarak.
    May you have a blessing Eid. And that rendang, mind you it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cara Membuat Gam Kanji

Experience Studying In International Medical University, IMU

4D3N Krabi Budget Trip (Less Than RM700!) - Itinerary & Expenses