How To Delete Your Facebook Account After You Pass Away
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
I always wonder, when I pass away one day, how should I delete my social media accounts. Things we share in social websites might not be good and everything will be counted in the hereafter. Recently, I found a new tool provided by Facebook for us to delete our Facebook when we have passed away. I would show you guys on how to delete / let someone to manage your account after you pass away. It only requires a few easy and straightforward steps.
1. Click the small inverted triangle on the top right of your screen.
3. Click 'Security' on the left side bar.
4. Click 'Legacy Contact' and there will be 2 options that you can choose. I'd show you how to delete first. On the second option as you can see, there's a box under 'Account Deletion'. Click on that small box.
5. Click 'Delete After Death'.
6. Lastly, insert your password.
There's a written statement from Facebook, "Once someone lets us know you've passed away, no one will be able to see your profile again." So yeah, your account will be deleted permanently.
If you think "Nahh, I dont wanna delete my account, so that my family and friends can visit me account and share memories in it," yes, there's another way. This time, you let someone to manage your account so that the person can accept friend request, post on your behalf, and also deactivate the account after you pass away.
LET SOMEONE TO MANAGE IT
The same steps 1-4.
5. Under 'My Legacy Contact', write a person's name (of course, your family or your best friend maybe) and click 'Add'.
6. Facebook will send a message to notify the person about this thing. You can also talk to them personally. Click send. Then it's done!
You can choose only one option. A big thanks to Facebook! Now, I don't have to write my password somewhere and ask a person to find that note when I have passed away haha. Happy trying!